Wednesday, 11 April 2012

More images of my quilt

I'm not really sure what is going on with putting pics on blogger at the moment but I can only put a maximum of 2 at a time on. If you want to see more images then please feel free to go over here to see more images.If you would like to do something similar you can go here as this is where I was inspired and karen is running a course again soon, well worth it if you ask me.
The inspiration for this quilt came as my Mum died July last year and I got a lot of hankies, tray cloths and table cloths. I knew Karen was running this course and I really felt I would like to do something with all these fabrics which went back through my family. I could have kept them all in a drawer as they were and bought them out for tea times but I don't live my life that way as much as I would love to my family would not appreciate sitting down to a fresh table cloth with linen napkins every day and i also don't have the time to sort it out so I hope my Mum and other relatives from my past would be pleased with this quilt. I know my Mum would be as she had previously seen Karen's work and loved it. She was always pleased with my work even if she did put a lot of it in the back of her wardrobe. It feels strange not showing it to her but I think she would be proud of it. I feel incredibly proud and want to show it off to everyone. Its strange as I have never felt like that about anything else. It will not be my last quilt for now I am sketching sections of it and thinking about the next quilt.

7 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful and a wonderful way to use the things you got from your Mum! I am sure she would be proud! I have a lot of tablecloths, hankies etc from my family too, but I don't know if I have the skill or the patience to create such a wonderful quilt out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Judy, I didn't think I would be able to do something like this despite having done embroidery but karens directions were so good I'm sure anyone could do this now

      Delete
  2. So you should be proud, it's a beautiful piece of work and will become a family heirloom in its own right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much Cathy, I really hope my children will think that also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are entitled to be proud...it's absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you were an excellent teacher

      Delete
  5. I've just found your posting and what a lovely story behind your beautiful stitch work.
    I wrote an article on button Floozies blog about Karen recently. She's a fantastic embroiderer and a lovely person.
    If you want to read it you can go to www.buttonfloozies.blogspot.com or you can see it on my blog
    www.oneimadeearliertoday.blogspot.com
    Best wishes
    Lynn

    www.doodlybird.co.uk

    ReplyDelete